One Young World: Case Study
Kinura have been working with creative agency Brandfuel for three consecutive years to live stream the annual One Young World Summit to a huge global audience. One Young World is a London based charity that gathers over 1,000 young people from all around the world to help and inspire them to create a positive change. The annual summit is watched by thousands and has a massive social media community. The event gets bigger every year: in Pittsburgh, USA in October 2012, there were around 1,500 delegates from over 190 countries. No youth-dominated event outside the Olympic Games brings together more countries than One Young World.
The set up for this truly global event involves a huge crew and careful technical planning for a 4-day live web broadcast. Our challenge is to stream the opening ceremony and main conference, making sure our servers handle the wide global reach.
Production of pre-event live streams as teaser content, live from London. Cloud video encoding workflow. Video Asset Management for sharing high res video with media.
- Watched live by over 30,000 people across 154 countries.
- Live streamed at high res for 4 days running.
- Robust global hosting to handle massive concurrent usage.
- Terabytes of data transferred.
- Multiple encoding stations for maximum reliability.
- Live streaming via web and facebook.
- Live stream accessible on all devices: iPads, phones and desktops.